- Use communications to do more than broadcast, instead look for opportunities for meaningful, two way communication with the audience.
- Show your leadership team what can be achieved through engagement and high impact communications to help to deliver business priorities.
- Make sure that leaders are visible and take part in the engagement.
- Give colleagues a voice and listen to what they have to say.
- Think about the channels you can use.
- Remember the importance of organisational integrity – you need to live your values.
This chapter aims to help you engage in meaningful two way communications with your audience by helping you:
- Understand the direct link between internal communications engagement and high organisational productivity and performance
- Recognise best practice
- Find ways to drive up engagement in your organisation based on the ‘Engage for Success Four Enablers’